Jeff and I have been blessed with AMAZING friends. When we moved to Dallas, we knew only a handful of people. Through work, we have both met some really good friends that have blessed our lives. Our friends have been so generous and giving by throwing us baby showers! Their thoughtfulness really means the world to us. Here are some pictures from the showers. Please ignore the fat woman in the pictures with the bloated face...LOL!
My first shower was given to me by all my former students. I can't even begin to tell you how much this meant to me. I consider each of them my own and love them so much. The hardest thing about not teaching anymore is not being able to see their cute, smiling faces every day. I definitely miss all of their sweet little hugs as well! I kid you not, I got at least 20 hugs a day from my kiddos. I can't think of a more rewarding job.

Our second shower was given to us by Jeff's co-workers. It was a surprise shower disguised as an office Christmas luncheon that spouses were invited to. Turns out I was the only spouse invited to the lunch! Funny story. Jeff forgot to tell me about the lunch and called me an hour before it started and asked if I was available to come. Luckily, I was not subbing and was able to make it :)
And as if a kid shower was not enough, the mom's from Glenhope decided to have a Glenhope Mom's shower for me! It was at Stacy's house and my mom was able to come into town for it. I had such a good time seeing everyone. I got lots of advice, which was kinda fun hearing it from mothers who received lots of advice from me about their children when they were in Kindergarten. What goes around, comes around! We played Baby Pictionary and Guess How Many Safety Pins Fit Around Lucie's Waist. Thanks, Stacy ;)
And finally, the last shower given to us was from the teachers and staff at Glenhope Elementary. My sweet friends/kindergarten teachers, Edie, Jayne and Michelle, hosted it for me. They are such gifted teachers whom I learned soooo much from. I really miss working at Glenhope. It is a very special place to work and attend school. Maybe our little guy will one day be a Glenhope Gator. I truly hope so!















No comments:
Post a Comment