The day started out with Mom & Mike following us to the hospital. I had to be there at 10:00 a.m. for my 12:00 c-section. I was absolutely terrified that morning and very emotional. All I could think about was the surgery and how unprepared I felt at becoming a mother. Here's pictures of right before we left.
When we got to the hospital, they immediately put me in a gown and began the process of starting the IV. I say process because it took them 3 attempts before they could find a vein. The nurse had to call the anesthesiologist to start the IV because my veins were too little. That was the most painful part of the day. It was awful, really. After the IV was started, they wheeled a tearful me into the OR. It was soooo scary!!!
I received the spinal (which was NOTHING compared to the failed IV attempts) and the nurses helped me onto the table. Jeff was at my side the entire time and he helped distract me through the procedure. I could feel tugging and pressure, but nothing painful. Finally, I heard the sweetest sound I have ever heard in my life, my baby Kade crying for the first time.
It took awhile before I got to see him because they had to make sure he was okay. It seemed like it took forever! Here's a picture of me seeing my precious baby for the first time.
More pictures of Kade right after he was born
G-Mike with Kade
Sophia, Debbie and Olivia with Kade
Phil with Kade
I love you so much, Kade. I am so blessed to be your Mommy. You are going to have the most extraordinary life. I can't wait to show you the world and teach you. I pray that you will grow to know Christ and that your Daddy and I will be living examples of Christ's love for you.


No comments:
Post a Comment